Dependable • Quality • High Strength
Ready to Ship Concrete Reinforcement Products
Plastics from 100% Recycled Material
100% Made in the USA
Our plain dobies range in size from 2 x 2 x 3/4” up to 5” and 6” in dobies. The term “dobies” has become the trade name for concrete rebar supports over these last fifty years. They come with, or without tie wire inserted in the concrete brick. We manufacture these in regular strength, 4000 psi mix design, or higher strength for specific jobs.
Application: On grade
Cover Height: From 3″ to 5″
Features: Uniquely supports two mats of reinforcement when used with 90 degree bend rebar dowel. Dowel hole made to accept #4 rebar. Depth of hole is 1/2″ from bottom. Ideally suited for heavy rebar mats on-grade.
Application: Thick slabs, double rebar mats, heavy loads.
Cover Height: From 3″ to 14″
Features: Bridge decks, parking structures, foundations, and (with a sand plate) on-grade applications.
We’ve been designing and innovating plastic concrete accessories since the early 1990s. We have a complete product line of plastic chairs, locking wheels, bar supports, and slab bolsters.
Our concrete accessory products include our form spreader, slab bolster, and sand plate for plastic spacers. All our products are manufactured locally in southern California and we keep large inventory stock so we can provide you on-demand service. Place an order today for dependabale, high-strength, and high-quality rebar reinforcement .
Resources for Concrete Reinforcement
As we deal with tough and unsure times, developments and improvements keep the concrete market moving forward. These have certainly been a few of the strangest and most difficult days modern Americans have ever faced. While some concrete contractors have had the fortune to keep working despite the pandemic quarantine, others have seen tasks halted. Whether you’re working consistently or trying to find out how to jump-start your business upon a return to normalcy, now might be an exceptional time to learn more about the current technologies, innovations, developments, and skilled ideas that are driving the industry forward. New Technologies: Robotics, Big Data, and More From robotic demolition that allows big work in tight spaces to state-of-the-art atomized dust suppression machines, brand-new technological innovations increase
At a glance, the process of tying rebar may look easy. However, the reality is that is it quite a lengthy and complicated process. While it isn’t exactly rocket science, there are still a lot of things one needs to take into consideration when tying rebar. Do it improperly, and you risk endangering the entire integrity of a structure. In this short guide, we highlight the dos and don’ts of tying rebar. The Dos Do Your Homework Do your homework on what sizes, configuration, and placement of rebar will be required, as well as what type of chairs would be best for the job. Both concrete and plastic chairs have their pros and cons, and it will depend on your situation and budget in deciding
- Doosan To Showcase Next-Generation Wheel Loader at World of Concrete 2021 May 14, 2021A Doosan DL380-7 wheel loader will be on display June 8 to 10 in the West Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Case Study: N.C. Medical Office Parking Lot Finds Savings & Ease of Installation with Permeable Interlocking Concrete Pavers May 13, 2021Without the space needed for a typical underground detention system, one N.C. contractor still needed a solution for stormwater runoff in a parking lot and found a solution with permeable interlocking concrete pavers (PICPs).
- Easy Steps to Maintain Concrete Walk-behind Trowels May 12, 2021Maintaining a walk-behind trowel is easy, and a well cared for machine will consistently help contractors achieve results.
- Heavy Lifting Isn't the Only Reason Behind Construction's Expensive Back Pain Problem May 11, 2021The average concrete worker spends 71% of an average day performing motions that increase the risk of fatigue-based back injuries. But recognizing the problem is only half the battle - figuring out solutions is what matters.
- 10 Pro Tips for Concrete Contraction Joints May 7, 2021Concrete cracks, it's a fact. Download this infographic of professional advice on designing contraction joints in your concrete slab and do what you can to control the cracks in your concrete.
- Each Skid Steer Saw is Built by Hand May 7, 2021This innovation in concrete sawing puts the blade on your skid steer – enhancing your mobility, and worker safety. Project profile of its use at the Kuwahee Wastewater Treatment Plant in Knoxville, Tenn.
- WearCOAT 720 and 735 Urethane Concrete Coatings May 6, 2021Replacing WearCOAT 705 and 710, these new formulations offer a moisture tolerant and environmentally sustainable solution for concrete floor repair.
- Allowing Contractors to Create EPDs for Their Concrete Mix Designs May 5, 2021A new partnership between GCP Applied Technologies and Athena Sustainable Materials Institute to form new environmental product declarations (EPD) program.
- Fall Protection & Construction Safety for the Concrete Contractor May 4, 2021Discussing fall protection and site safety with the formwork company Doka USA.
- ACI Resource Center Finally Opens May 3, 2021Expanded access to training and certification, the American Concrete Institute Resource Center - Southern California. Here's a look inside and what to expect.