Your Source for concrete accessories
Dependable • Quality • High Strength
Industry Focused Products
They come with, or without tie wire inserted in the concrete brick. We manufacture these in regular strength, 4000 PSI mix design, or higher strength for specific jobs.
These are typically used by general contractors in bridge decks and other concrete forming applications. They come in longer sizes such as 24” or 48”, and depending on length, will be reinforced with rebar. Form supports are also stocked in 5”, 5 ½”, 6”, and many other heights.
We first designed the On Grade Square Chair application almost thirty years ago under a different name. Now we have three plastic chair types: Square Chair, Tilt Chair, and Hi Chairs.
Available in both boxes or pre-assembled in 10’ lengths, we have had incredible success with the new and improved bolster. Currently, we do not manufacture a lightweight-use bolster, but have chosen to provide a super strong slab bolster to meet the demands of the toughest commercial projects. Available with or without staple down legs.
Concrete Accessories for all jobs, large and small
ICP continues its legacy of innovation 25 years after developing the industry’s original plastic on-grade chair.
By definition, to be dependable means to be trustworthy and reliable. You can count on us at ICP. We boast the largest inventory of dobies in the country, ready to ship when your order is placed. If you’ve ever been told you have to wait for dobies, the word wait is not in our vocabulary.
We test our mix designs daily to ensure that your orders meet the criteria you expect. Our plastic parts are free of flash and produced from injection molds with the latest technology.
Our regular strength dobies will average a compressive strength between 4,000 and 5,000 psi. We regularly stock higher strength dobies for DOT work in many sizes. Our range of bricks, dobies, and form spreaders is the largest inventoried product line in the industry. For our line of plastic bar supports we use engineered resins and our load strengths are among the best in the industry.
50 Strong Years of manufacturing excellence
50 Strong Years
of Manufacturing Excellence
ICP has a long-running legacy of innovation in the concrete accessories industry. Starting in 1966, George Hartzheim founded our first concrete company, manufacturing dobies for the rebar fabricators and placers. Since the inception of the company, the rebar fabricator and placer was our primary product for concrete reinforcement. Today we continue the legacy of innovation with new products and new markets. We service dealers and contractors nationwide with high quality concrete spacers, plastic spacers, rebar ties, slab bolsters, and more. If you’re looking for a supplier with a proven history and excelling in performance, look no further.
100% made in the usa
Plastics use 100% recycled material
Resources for Concrete Reinforcement
As we deal with tough and unsure times, developments and improvements keep the concrete market moving forward. These have certainly been a few of the strangest and most difficult days modern Americans have ever faced. While some concrete contractors have had the fortune to keep working despite the pandemic quarantine, others have seen tasks halted. Whether you’re working consistently or trying to find out how to jump-start your business upon a return to normalcy, now might be an exceptional time to learn more about the current technologies, innovations, developments, and skilled ideas that are driving the industry forward. New Technologies: Robotics, Big Data, and More From robotic demolition that allows big work in tight spaces to state-of-the-art atomized dust suppression machines, brand-new technological innovations increase
At a glance, the process of tying rebar may look easy. However, the reality is that is it quite a lengthy and complicated process. While it isn’t exactly rocket science, there are still a lot of things one needs to take into consideration when tying rebar. Do it improperly, and you risk endangering the entire integrity of a structure. In this short guide, we highlight the dos and don’ts of tying rebar. The Dos Do Your Homework Do your homework on what sizes, configuration, and placement of rebar will be required, as well as what type of chairs would be best for the job. Both concrete and plastic chairs have their pros and cons, and it will depend on your situation and budget in deciding
- WisDOT Study: PoreShield Reduces Concrete Pavement Damage March 2, 2021Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) study shows that PoreShield, a concrete durability enhancer technology, can provide long-term concrete pavement protection from chloride ion diffusion.
- Get Out Your Brackets - ‘March Masonry Matchup’ Tips Off March 1, 2021Concrete block home designs face-off in a bracket-style challenge
- Arizona Grain Slipform Silo Construction Required 9-Day Long Continuous Concrete Pour February 25, 2021Concrete contractor McCormick Construction benefited from admixtures in its concrete mix to achieve a successful ready-mix concrete pour.
- The First Step in Choosing the Right Abrasive February 24, 2021In surface preparation, there are a number of things to consider when selecting a metal-bond diamond abrasive. Start at the concrete floor and figure out what you’re working on.
- Recycle Concrete & Save Time, Money with the ALLU Screener & Crusher Buckets for 10 to 38 Ton Machines February 22, 2021How the ALLU Transformer Concrete Screener & Crusher Buckets for 10 to 38 Ton Machines can save time and money.
- 3D Concrete Projects From Around the World February 19, 20213D concrete can be used to create a wide range of projects - from buildings all the way to the tables in the backyard. These are a few examples that exemplify creative work.
- Hydrodemolition Provides Precise Concrete Removal on the Climate Pledge Arena Renovation February 18, 2021Two Hydrodemolition robots completed concrete removal on the arena's columns in 30 days vs. an estimated eight months with traditional methods.
- Optimize the Performance of Your Concrete Mix with the Web-based SmartMix App Dashboard February 16, 2021With Giatec's artificial intelligence algorithm, Roxi, concrete producers can use the SmartMix Dashboard to optimize concrete materials and predict the performance of their mixes.
- Tracked Concrete Mixer Provides Off-road Access February 12, 2021PRINOTH and McNeiluis collaborate on mixer designed for the off-road construction market.
- Lehigh Cement Among Latest to Launch Reduced Carbon Footprint Concrete February 4, 2021Lehigh Hanson has launched EcoCem PLUS at its Edmonton plant in Canada.