Your Source for concrete accessories
Dependable • Quality • High Strength
Industry Focused Products
They come with, or without tie wire inserted in the concrete brick. We manufacture these in regular strength, 4000 PSI mix design, or higher strength for specific jobs.
These are typically used by general contractors in bridge decks and other concrete forming applications. They come in longer sizes such as 24” or 48”, and depending on length, will be reinforced with rebar. Form supports are also stocked in 5”, 5 ½”, 6”, and many other heights.
We first designed the On Grade Square Chair application almost thirty years ago under a different name. Now we have three plastic chair types: Square Chair, Tilt Chair, and Hi Chairs.
Available in both boxes or pre-assembled in 10’ lengths, we have had incredible success with the new and improved bolster. Currently, we do not manufacture a lightweight-use bolster, but have chosen to provide a super strong slab bolster to meet the demands of the toughest commercial projects. Available with or without staple down legs.
Concrete Accessories for all jobs, large and small
ICP continues its legacy of innovation 25 years after developing the industry’s original plastic on-grade chair.
By definition, to be dependable means to be trustworthy and reliable. You can count on us at ICP. We boast the largest inventory of dobies in the country, ready to ship when your order is placed. If you’ve ever been told you have to wait for dobies, the word wait is not in our vocabulary.
We test our mix designs daily to ensure that your orders meet the criteria you expect. Our plastic parts are free of flash and produced from injection molds with the latest technology.
Our regular strength dobies will average a compressive strength between 4,000 and 5,000 psi. We regularly stock higher strength dobies for DOT work in many sizes. Our range of bricks, dobies, and form spreaders is the largest inventoried product line in the industry. For our line of plastic bar supports we use engineered resins and our load strengths are among the best in the industry.
50 Strong Years of manufacturing excellence
50 Strong Years
of Manufacturing Excellence
ICP has a long-running legacy of innovation in the concrete accessories industry. Starting in 1966, George Hartzheim founded our first concrete company, manufacturing dobies for the rebar fabricators and placers. Since the inception of the company, the rebar fabricator and placer was our primary product for concrete reinforcement. Today we continue the legacy of innovation with new products and new markets. We service dealers and contractors nationwide with high quality concrete spacers, plastic spacers, rebar ties, slab bolsters, and more. If you’re looking for a supplier with a proven history and excelling in performance, look no further.
100% made in the usa
Plastics use 100% recycled material
Resources for Concrete Reinforcement
As we deal with tough and unsure times, developments and improvements keep the concrete market moving forward. These have certainly been a few of the strangest and most difficult days modern Americans have ever faced. While some concrete contractors have had the fortune to keep working despite the pandemic quarantine, others have seen tasks halted. Whether you’re working consistently or trying to find out how to jump-start your business upon a return to normalcy, now might be an exceptional time to learn more about the current technologies, innovations, developments, and skilled ideas that are driving the industry forward. New Technologies: Robotics, Big Data, and More From robotic demolition that allows big work in tight spaces to state-of-the-art atomized dust suppression machines, brand-new technological innovations increase
At a glance, the process of tying rebar may look easy. However, the reality is that is it quite a lengthy and complicated process. While it isn’t exactly rocket science, there are still a lot of things one needs to take into consideration when tying rebar. Do it improperly, and you risk endangering the entire integrity of a structure. In this short guide, we highlight the dos and don’ts of tying rebar. The Dos Do Your Homework Do your homework on what sizes, configuration, and placement of rebar will be required, as well as what type of chairs would be best for the job. Both concrete and plastic chairs have their pros and cons, and it will depend on your situation and budget in deciding
- Doosan To Showcase Next-Generation Wheel Loader at World of Concrete 2021 May 14, 2021A Doosan DL380-7 wheel loader will be on display June 8 to 10 in the West Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Case Study: N.C. Medical Office Parking Lot Finds Savings & Ease of Installation with Permeable Interlocking Concrete Pavers May 13, 2021Without the space needed for a typical underground detention system, one N.C. contractor still needed a solution for stormwater runoff in a parking lot and found a solution with permeable interlocking concrete pavers (PICPs).
- Easy Steps to Maintain Concrete Walk-behind Trowels May 12, 2021Maintaining a walk-behind trowel is easy, and a well cared for machine will consistently help contractors achieve results.
- Heavy Lifting Isn't the Only Reason Behind Construction's Expensive Back Pain Problem May 11, 2021The average concrete worker spends 71% of an average day performing motions that increase the risk of fatigue-based back injuries. But recognizing the problem is only half the battle - figuring out solutions is what matters.
- 10 Pro Tips for Concrete Contraction Joints May 7, 2021Concrete cracks, it's a fact. Download this infographic of professional advice on designing contraction joints in your concrete slab and do what you can to control the cracks in your concrete.
- Each Skid Steer Saw is Built by Hand May 7, 2021This innovation in concrete sawing puts the blade on your skid steer – enhancing your mobility, and worker safety. Project profile of its use at the Kuwahee Wastewater Treatment Plant in Knoxville, Tenn.
- WearCOAT 720 and 735 Urethane Concrete Coatings May 6, 2021Replacing WearCOAT 705 and 710, these new formulations offer a moisture tolerant and environmentally sustainable solution for concrete floor repair.
- Allowing Contractors to Create EPDs for Their Concrete Mix Designs May 5, 2021A new partnership between GCP Applied Technologies and Athena Sustainable Materials Institute to form new environmental product declarations (EPD) program.
- Fall Protection & Construction Safety for the Concrete Contractor May 4, 2021Discussing fall protection and site safety with the formwork company Doka USA.
- ACI Resource Center Finally Opens May 3, 2021Expanded access to training and certification, the American Concrete Institute Resource Center - Southern California. Here's a look inside and what to expect.