Your Source for concrete accessories
Dependable • Quality • High Strength
Industry Focused Products
They come with, or without tie wire inserted in the concrete brick. We manufacture these in regular strength, 4000 PSI mix design, or higher strength for specific jobs.
These are typically used by general contractors in bridge decks and other concrete forming applications. They come in longer sizes such as 24” or 48”, and depending on length, will be reinforced with rebar. Form supports are also stocked in 5”, 5 ½”, 6”, and many other heights.
We first designed the On Grade Square Chair application almost thirty years ago under a different name. Now we have three plastic chair types: Square Chair, Tilt Chair, and Hi Chairs.
Available in both boxes or pre-assembled in 10’ lengths, we have had incredible success with the new and improved bolster. Currently, we do not manufacture a lightweight-use bolster, but have chosen to provide a super strong slab bolster to meet the demands of the toughest commercial projects. Available with or without staple down legs.
Concrete Accessories for all jobs, large and small
ICP continues its legacy of innovation 25 years after developing the industry’s original plastic on-grade chair.
By definition, to be dependable means to be trustworthy and reliable. You can count on us at ICP. We boast the largest inventory of dobies in the country, ready to ship when your order is placed. If you’ve ever been told you have to wait for dobies, the word wait is not in our vocabulary.
We test our mix designs daily to ensure that your orders meet the criteria you expect. Our plastic parts are free of flash and produced from injection molds with the latest technology.
Our regular strength dobies will average a compressive strength between 4,000 and 5,000 psi. We regularly stock higher strength dobies for DOT work in many sizes. Our range of bricks, dobies, and form spreaders is the largest inventoried product line in the industry. For our line of plastic bar supports we use engineered resins and our load strengths are among the best in the industry.
50 Strong Years of manufacturing excellence
50 Strong Years
of Manufacturing Excellence
ICP has a long-running legacy of innovation in the concrete accessories industry. Starting in 1966, George Hartzheim founded our first concrete company, manufacturing dobies for the rebar fabricators and placers. Since the inception of the company, the rebar fabricator and placer was our primary product for concrete reinforcement. Today we continue the legacy of innovation with new products and new markets. We service dealers and contractors nationwide with high quality concrete spacers, plastic spacers, rebar ties, slab bolsters, and more. If you’re looking for a supplier with a proven history and excelling in performance, look no further.
100% made in the usa
Plastics use 100% recycled material
Resources for Concrete Reinforcement
As we deal with tough and unsure times, developments and improvements keep the concrete market moving forward. These have certainly been a few of the strangest and most difficult days modern Americans have ever faced. While some concrete contractors have had the fortune to keep working despite the pandemic quarantine, others have seen tasks halted. Whether you’re working consistently or trying to find out how to jump-start your business upon a return to normalcy, now might be an exceptional time to learn more about the current technologies, innovations, developments, and skilled ideas that are driving the industry forward. New Technologies: Robotics, Big Data, and More From robotic demolition that allows big work in tight spaces to state-of-the-art atomized dust suppression machines, brand-new technological innovations increase
At a glance, the process of tying rebar may look easy. However, the reality is that is it quite a lengthy and complicated process. While it isn’t exactly rocket science, there are still a lot of things one needs to take into consideration when tying rebar. Do it improperly, and you risk endangering the entire integrity of a structure. In this short guide, we highlight the dos and don’ts of tying rebar. The Dos Do Your Homework Do your homework on what sizes, configuration, and placement of rebar will be required, as well as what type of chairs would be best for the job. Both concrete and plastic chairs have their pros and cons, and it will depend on your situation and budget in deciding
- EU removes AD duty on ex-China high fatigue performance steel concrete reinforcement bars July 29, 2021
- Guidelines on Embodied Carbon in Concrete July 28, 2021What New York’s low embodied carbon concrete bill means for concrete contractors and how an online calculator can help.
- Hot Weather & The Mass Concrete Pour July 26, 2021Challenges with concrete can affect any type of structure built during hot weather conditions. However, additional considerations need to be taken into account for mass concrete elements.
- Two 3D-Printed Concrete Projects Bring the Concept Home to the US July 21, 2021Taking a look at the construction of the first 3D-printed home to be funded by a public-private grant and the first residential 3D building. Is this start of 3D concrete printing a new foothold into the U.S. construction industry?
- How the ConcreteDirect Smartphone App Makes Managing Concrete Orders Simpler, Smarter & Safer July 20, 2021
- The Benefits of Zinc Concrete Hand Tools July 19, 2021Concrete finishers can find benefits from switching to zinc-based hand tools from bronze. Both rival each other in terms of hardness, durability, quality construction, and professional finish results - but zinc comes with a few added perks.
- The ACI 2021 Fall Convention Includes a Virtual Option July 14, 2021Scheduled to be held in Atlanta, Georga, on October 17-21, the Fall 2021 ACI Concrete Convention highlights over 55 technical sessions, ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards, Concrete Mixer, and an exhibit hall.
- The Heat is On: Hot Tips for Successful Hot Weather Concreting July 13, 2021How to effectively use concrete admixtures to increase the quality of concrete during the summer months.
- Topcon Millimeter GPS with Robotic-based Solutions for Concrete Paving July 7, 2021System solutions support curb and gutter paving by maintaining productivity and accuracy in difficult GPS coverage conditions.
- ACI Concrete Craftsman Shows How To Place Slabs with Laser Screeds and Finish with Power Equipment July 5, 2021Updates to American Concrete Institute's CCS-1(10) Slabs-on-Ground educational document offers important new guidance on placing with today's laser-guided screeds and finishing with walk-behind and riding power equipment